We place great importance on Shirley providing a full, optional activities programme, linked to our residents’ interests.
Visitors are welcome at any time and are encouraged to take part in the social life of the Home and the wellbeing of residents.
Our aim is to encourage participation in our many varied activities which include:
- Arts and crafts
- Our ever-popular quizzes& bingo afternoons
- Musical afternoons and sing-a-longs
- Events throughout the year where family and friends are very welcome
- Flower Arranging
- Board games/Cards
- Exercise classes
- Film afternoons
- Outings e.g. afternoon tea, a trip to the Jurassic coast, Ham Hill Country Park
- Visitors e.g. birds of prey, guide dogs, donkey sanctuary
- Christmas Concerts and religious services
We also offer complimentary services including nail care & painting, aromatherapy and a shopping service